It is often a requirement to integrate Oracle order management (OM) with Project Accounting (PA). But Oracle has not provided a straight forward inbuilt integration to convert the Sales Orders to Projects.
Here are few key points to consider:
- Each Sales Order will be created as a Project in Oracle Projects module.
- Each Sales Order line will be created as a Task for the Project created above.
- An interface program has to be created using the Projects AMG APIs to create/update projects/tasks whenever a new sales order created or updated in OM.
- If you were using OM to AR integration, then now it will be through Projects to AR. So Projects billing has to be implemented and the auto-accounting rules have to be setup in Projects module to derive the accounting for the invoices.
- In projects module generate invoices and then interface the invoices to AR.
- If you were using Advance functionality in AR then the same functionality is not available in Projects.
- Incase of retention, project billing module’s retention billing functionality can be used.
- Billing extension can be used to control the billing in projects module. ( like when to bill, how much to bill etc).
- Revenue recognition happens in projects module. ( Revenue is generated in oracle projects and interfaced to GL)